How Much Does the Shipping Cost?
All regular Chromcraft Products Offer Free Shipping. Bring Them Home Today.
What is difference between Douglas and Chromcraft?
- Chromcraft has 1" thick 4.0 density memory foam on top of the 3" base 1.8 density foam, whereas Douglas just has the 3" base foam
- Chromcraft has premium soft caster wheels whereas Douglas has standard wheels
- Chromcraft chair fabrics are bought in US mills and are customized & completely cut/sewn, upholstery, assembled in the USA. Douglas chairs are overseas parts but assembled in the USA
Is foam certified by Chromcraft?
Yes, meets & complies with CA117-2013 & CPSC requirements for upholstery furniture flammability. It is bought in the USA and registered by CertiPUR-US
Is foam certified for Douglas?
Yes, meets & complies with CA117-2013 & CPSC requirements for upholstery furniture flammability.
What is weight capacity of chair bases?
What is tension range of tilt mechanism of chair bases?
The mechanism tilt tension spring is set at 180 pounds. The range can be adjusted from 90 pounds to 300 pounds.
What kind of steel is used for Chromcraft Products?
Cold roll steel at 2.2mm thick- equivalent to 13-14 gauge
what kind of wood is used on chair bucket arms, table and chair bases?
Are table bases levelized？
Yes, and they are adjustable.
What kind of slides & construction are used on tables?
Tables use metal ball bearing cable-assisted metal slides. the leveling pins are metal with male and female fittings. Window sash locks are used to lock leaves into half tops.
Inside edges of tables where the leveling pins are at have a long groove along the edge for gap contraction space.
What kind of table top surface are on most Chromcraft and Douglas tables?
- CR uses the highest standard in industry with 1mm thick HPL (high pressure laminate) layered surface. It is pressed on high density particleboard or MDF with balance of laminate on bottom.
- Laminate can stand heat to up to 300 degrees F. Not bullet proof but can withstand minor scratches from dishware. Once scratched with sharp utensil, it cannot be fixed.
- When placing leaves in and out, but careful not to hit edges or metal levelers onto top surface of laminate which can chip edges.
Are plywood/particleboard/MDF certified for seat boards, table cores?
Yes, meets all TSCA Title VI compliances
What kind of slides are used on the table?
- The leveling pins are metal with male and female fittings for more accurate alignment with leaf and half tops.
- Chromcraft uses between 5-6 on each edge to ensure the alignment. Most common tables just use 4.