Proper care and cleaning of furniture preserves its beauty!
We suggest the following…
• Do not place your furniture overheating or air conditioning vents, in damp areas or in direct sunlight such as under a window.
• Avoid placing plastic, rubber or acrylic materials (stick-on feet, placemats, etc.) on your furniture since the chemicals in these products may react with the finish and cause severe damage. It is better to use a piece of felt or cloth under accessories that could scratch or dent the surface of your furniture.
• Place a protective pad on the surface of your furniture if you are using it as a writing surface. Pens and pencils can easily leave an imprint and mar the finish.
• Immediately wipe any moisture that may spill onto your furniture. Always rub with the grain. Water will cause whites spots in the finish in a short amount of time. Other liquids, such as fingernail polish & remover, alcohol, perfume, and medicines can severely damage the finish of furniture.
• Dust with a clean, lint-free, dry cloth. Applying a quality furniture polish every six months will also add to the life and beauty of your new furniture!
Wood Grained High-Pressure Laminate (HPL) Table Tops
• Our decorative wood-grained HPL table tops have been designed to provide the beauty of real wood without the daily worry or upkeep that comes with real wood.
• Wipe up spills with a soft cloth or sponge, HPL tabletops require only a mild soap and water solution to keep your tabletop looking like new.
• The wood edge of the furniture top as well as the other wood parts of the furniture (drawer fronts, doors, shelves, legs) will require occasional polishing with a quality furniture polish to retain their beauty and the life of the furniture. As with all furniture; do not place furniture with HPL tops directly in sunlight as this may cause fading.
• While HPL top tables are virtually indestructible under normal everyday use, they can become damaged beyond repair with abuse. Avoid placing sharp objects on or using sharp instruments that can scratch or mar through the protective HPL surface.
• Wipe up spills immediately.
• Clean with mild soap and water. Dry thoroughly.
• Dust with a dry or slightly-dampened cloth or a vacuum cleaner brush.
• If soiled, wash with cloth or sponge wrung out of mild detergent and lukewarm water. Wipe with a clean sponge or cloth wrung out of water. Wipe dry with cloth to avoid water spots.
• Rotate and flip the seat cushions weekly to increase their life. Fluff fiber backs and throw pillows weekly to keep materials evenly distributed to allow for more even wear over time.
• Vacuum weekly using a brush attachment to remove soil between fibers that can cause abrasion and wear.
• Place furniture in a location protected from heat, moisture and sunlight, as these elements may discolor upholstery.